ZITEK has some strategic objectives:
- To promote entrepreneurial activity in Biscay, transferring the knowledge and research generated in the University of Basque Country (UPV/EHU)
- To encourage the entrepreneurial culture among different collectives (students, researchers, administrative staff and professors) of the UPV/EHU in Biscay, in order to increase the number of projects that focus on taking advantage of business opportunities.
- To generate wealth in the University of Basque Country´s environment and to keep the talent in Biscay.
The key of success lies in the two pillars on which the program is based:
- The network of partners and the collaborative culture between the agents in this project. UPV/EHU, BEAZ and DFB´s Innovation and economic promotion department work together in the incubators.
- The potential of scientific research and technology creation applicable to new products and services of the UPV/EHU generates an endless source of new business ideas
This program offers entrepreneurs the possibility of having the UPV/EHU´s support and technical, human and research resources to help them in the process of developing new business opportunities.
The collaboration of BEAZ and Diputacion Foral de Bizkaia in this program allows university´s technology based companies access to institutional support
Where there is a successful business, there is a person who once took a brave decision. The UPV/EHU supports its entrepreneurs and firmly backs the promotion of the collaboration between Emprendedores Zitek´s projects and the different agents who generate financial capital, knowledge and institutional support.
All of this to make everyone who decides to transform an excellent idea in a real business, feel our support.